Today version 0.3.5 of IsoMap was released.
The new version contains some new features for the web interface and on the server side.
The new functions on the server are:
- Calculation of so called “incremental isochrones”:
This feature is in a very early (alpha) state, but it should be possible to calculate some isochrones much faster. This is the case if an isochrone has been computed before with identical settings. It is speeds up calculation for isochrones that only differ in the isochrone duration (at the moment only for isochrones with less duration).
The web frontend contains the following new features:
- More algorithms are available for calcaulation now. Besides MDijkstra, MineX and MrneX now also Mine and Mrne can be used (these two algorithms work similar than MineX and MrneX, but do not use node expiration).
- Vertex nodes in the isochrone results (from the layer “Vertex” are now clustered at specific zoom levels.
- The location plugin is back (and this time it does not introduce known bugs).
- When using the debug mode (by calling the webpage with the HTML parameter “debug”) some additional debug functionality is available. At the moment this is limited to clearing the server caches that are used for calculating incremental isochrones.
- When using the expiration mode the user now can retrieve additional information about each node (by clicking onto the node), just like it it possible for public transparation stations.
- The timings logged in the debug mode were reworked. There are now some more detail timings which are even more precise than before.
In addition the the new funtionalities described above some bugs has also been fixed:
- The expiration mode was broken in version 0.3.4 (sometimes no result was shown at all).
- The allover test coverage has been increased by far. The server side code is now tested with a coverage of slightly more than 80%, while the client code coverage has been increased to 60%.
- Some code refactorings were performed (espiecially on the server side). The datatypes used were optimized so that all in all the computation time decreased a bit.
- The warnings icon in the webapplication did not always show when the connection to the server was closed for some reason.
- Apache-Tomcat was updated to the latest version (8.0.14), since it fixes some major known issues compared to the previously used version (8.0.11)
In case of any feedback, comments and/or questions, the contact form – as always – can be used.